Hart Family Chronicles


This blog is about a mother who is on a mission to raise a big family in a small family world. I realize that after years of denying my ambitions because of what people would think about that, it really didn't matter. So I am hear to share my interest, advice, tears, pain, laughs. I love my family and they are center of my world. So join in and lets learn and laugh together. After all it's FAMILIES that make the WORLD go round!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Can you teach me to tie my shoes, mommy?

I have to admit that I am the teacher in my household. I think things through and teach my children all that is needed to know to survive in life. But I will admit that there is one thing that I cannot do. Tie my kids how to tie shoes smh lol. I know it’s a simple task right. Well not for me know matter what way I show him I can’t get them to do it. I tried the tree and squirrel method, I have tried the two bunny ears and I have even tried the “x” and the cross method…but no success. It doesn’t help that my 5 year old is also talented enough to use both is left and right hands , which just throws me off cause I don’t know what hand to lead with lol. Well like the great mother I am I tried again to today and today I had it. I just couldn’t do it. SMH!! No matter how hard I tried to get him to do it I couldn’t get him to do the first step. So I turned to my lovely husband who was working of course and asked him if he could teach him. He gladly took him the next room and within 5 minutes my son came back and showed me the first step of tying his shoes. Now when I say 5 minutes I am actually given extra time. It was more like 2-3 minutes. My darling hubby taught him step 1, how to cross his laces and pulls one through the hole! Now I don’t know about you but I felt quite slow after seeing this. Is something wrong with me I taught lol. I mean I taught the boy write his name, read, spell, brush his teeth, wash his hair, eat, his phone number, address but I can’t teach him to tie his shoes. I guess sometimes even superwoman can’t do it all lol. Has this ever happen to anyone? How did you get through the tying shoe method? Did you let your spouse have at it? Or did you keep trying? I ask this because I didn’t teach my oldest how to tie his shoes either, my husband taught him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment